Sunday, 18 April 2010

Where have the presenters gone?

My dream job is to become a children's television presenter, but in the past few years I have noticed a decrease in the amount of presenters on television.

Back in the 90s when I was between the ages of 4-10 I remember seeing Angelica Bell, Chris Jarvis, Dave Benson Phillips and a lot more presenters on the tv. On the BBC there would be a section for the presenter to show all the birthday cards that had been sent in. Here a presenter would make it fun and entertaining for the children. The introducing of the programs was also a lot more entertaining than it is now. A presenter would introduce the program and give you an insight into what the program was about. This link from program to program made a really nice transition and a good change from seeing animation or tv characters. It really made the channel fun to watch.

Now there is a lot of animation and voice overs when programs are introduced. There aren't many presenters on main stream tv any more. BBC had turned to complete animation until last year when they introduced Ed and Oucho.

I miss the presenters. All I can say is that I hope there'll be a job for me when I come out of uni and Bring Back the Presenters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment